Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hot With A Good Chance For More Hot.

I'm back!  Tis the season for vacation time and I took a bunch lately.  It has been great and refreshing spending it with family.  We really didn't go anywhere with the exception of Guy, Arkansas.  We took an afternoon trip up there picking peaches and nectarines.

We also had some very sad news.  My dog, Boomer, died about a week ago.  He has been an important part of my life for 14 and a half years.  I was at a bowling alley in Arlee, Montana, during the winter of 1997.  The owner had several puppies running around and one of them picked me.  He climbed onto my lap and licked my face like a lollipop.  I looked at him and said, "do you want to go home with me and be called Boomer"?  He licked some more and I assumed that meant yes.  He has been by my side throughout my entire broadcasting career from Missoula to Chattanooga back to Little Rock.  There won't be another like him.

As you know by now, it's hot and it's going to stay hot.  We are past the half way point in the summer of 2011 and the statistics are not good.  If if ended today in Little Rock  (I wish it would), it would be the...

  • 4th hottest by average high temperature
  • 2nd hottest by average low temperature
  • 3rd hottest by average seasonal temperature
  • 2nd driest summer
Hopefully mother nature will cool it down in August.  Some long range forecasts suggest that, but I don't have much faith in anything past 7 days.

Also, the summer contest has been updated for those of you in it.  Wednesday was the 5th 100 degree day this summer. Yuck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Boomer. I lost my pet, Buddy of 13 years and it is very hard. I hope you will be better with time. Again I am very sorry to hear your sad news.

Doug in HS said...

Todd, please post a few photos of Boomer.

jimmylee42 said...

Todd, Sorry about your loss of a family member. Always hard to lose a pet.

jimmylee42 said...

I see Fort Smith hit 17 days in a row 100 or above. They now have 25 days in June and July 100 or better.

Anonymous said...

boy this summer is the arkansas steamer and for much of the us. i sure hope that means it will be another cold and snowy winter in arkansas like last year.

The NEW Arkansas Weather Blog