Wednesday, November 22, 2017

What Does It Take To Get A Little Precipitation?

Who remembers the movie "Evan Almighty"?  That's what it feels like around here lately.  We're on track to break records with just 1 more chance for rainfall late this month and it may not amount to much at all.

Before I get to that, I want to thank each and every one of you for your trust, reading my blog, following me on Twitter, and on Facebook.  I have tried my hardest to provide you a service you can always depend on, no nonsense, fun, and a straight forward approach to the weather.  The blog continues to grow and I have exciting new things planned for it down the road.

Some of you may wonder about the winter weather contest.  There will be a contest and it will be completely different.  It's something that has NEVER been done before and I cannot wait to bring it to you.  I'm still working out and ironing out all the details.  Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed.

Now onto the weather.  There will be a storm system by the end of the month that has the potential to bring rain.  How much moisture will it have to work with when it arrives?  That's the big question.  Since it's still several days away, these specifics still have to be pinned down.

We have had several days of rainfall, but it does not add up to much at all.  A new storm system should arrive around the 29th or 30th.  This will be our next opportunity for rainfall.  How much it brings is up for debate.

Remember, meteorological fall is September through November and we are on track to have the 2nd driest in recorded weather history for Little Rock.  We are also on track to have the 5th driest November on record too.

You can see there's little hope for significant rainfall late this month.  The 2 major long range models show little.  Hoping this changes. 

No comments:

The NEW Arkansas Weather Blog