Friday, November 25, 2011

The Cut Off Low Which Could Make it Snow?

You can now see all the entries for the winter weather contest.  There's a link to it above in the navigation bar.  We had a record number of entries and I want to thank everyone who participated this year.  It will be fun to follow! Good luck!

Several days ago I wrote a blog post about winter throwing a punch at us Sunday and Monday.  For a time, the models backed off on it, now it's back to showing this low sitting on top of us for a couple days before moving away.  One thing is definite, after rain Saturday, it will turn MUCH colder and windy.  We'll see if we can get any precipitation to wrap around the system.  As I have always said, this is NOT how we get any major wintry precipitation, but it's not out of the question to get some cold light rain showers or even a light snow shower or two depending on where this low sets up.

I will have a more in depth post Saturday.  I just want everyone to know I'm watching it for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recall someone stating, maybe SnowBirdBob, that 3/4 inch of snow is possible from central Arkansas to northern Louisiana. Hopefully this is especially true for central AR.

The NEW Arkansas Weather Blog