Thursday, November 08, 2012

What's A "Wash-Out"?

FOLLOW ON FACEBOOK: TODD YAKOUBIAN
TWITTER: KATV_WEATHER

3:30 PM Thursday Update... I have located the hourly observations from the official site in Little Rock.  You will have to click on it to enlarge.

 

We all know Chris Kane is a fun, charismatic, and somewhat knowledgeable guy (LOL) but he's now harassing me about a forecast from early October.  That week I was filling in for Melinda and promised him that Saturday, October 6th would NOT be a "wash-out", but there would be some rain.

Once Saturday rolled around, he lit up twitter proclaiming my forecast went south just like many of his jokes.  Fast forward to today (Thursday November 8th), he brought it up on the set of Good Morning Arkansas.  He claimed it rained all day long and it was a wash out and I insisted nothing like that happened.

I first went back and looked at the official records from the National Weather Service and found only .31'' of rain fell at the Little Rock airport.  That's the first clue that an all day rain did not occur, unless it was light.  So I decided to go back and retrieve the actual radar data from 7 AM until 7 PM that day.  Watch it and tell me what you think?  Was it a "wash out"?  My definition of that means it rains the entire day or at least all the daylight hours.  You can participate in the poll to the right and make your choice.

All in good fun, but let's settle this once and for all.  If I win, Chris has promised me a steak dinner. By the way Chris, I like my steak medium to medium rare.


2 comments:

Justin said...

Definitely, absolutely, 100% NOT a washout!

jimmylee42 said...

Todd-

Looks like you are way ahead in the poll. I know a group of 8 guys that went to Hot Springs Village that day with a Tee Time of 11:10. They never got on the tee box. I'm sure they would vote with Chris.

Thanks again for posting my long comment in the previous thread about the possibilities for winter weather this year.

The NEW Arkansas Weather Blog