Monday, June 09, 2014

Another Day, Another Round of Rain



I know I sound like a broken record and I hope we can settle into some drier weather ahead.  Rain will be heavy once again today with the threat for some severe weather.  Wind and hail will be the main threats, but as always, I never discount an isolated tornado.  Flash flooding will be a concern due to the saturated grounds from recent rains.  Also, it won't take much wind to topple trees with the wet ground.

One very interesting item of interest for Tuesday... don't be surprised to hear reports or see a cold air funnel.  The atmospheric conditions MIGHT be favorable for the formation of these features.  They just look like funnels hanging from a cloud base.  They are typically harmless.  It's no guarantee these will form, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear a report or two.







No comments:

The NEW Arkansas Weather Blog