Remember, the more moisture in the ground, the less likely you are to reach 100 degrees with the actual air temperature, but that moisture also elevates the heat index values and it can feel 100 +.
This is statistical data courtesy of the National Weather Service office in North Little Rock.
- Highest state temperature recorded for the month is 113 degrees in Corning on June 20th, 1936.
- Lowest state temperature recorded for the month is 35 degrees set on June 3, 1969 in Mammoth Spring and Dutton on June 1, 1931.
- Highest daily rainfall total is 12.20'' at Moro Bay on June 8th, 1974
- Highest monthly total is 21.55'' at Arkadelphia in 1905
Little Rock in June
- Hottest June day was on the 28th in 2012 when it hit 107
- All-time low temperature was 46 degrees on June 3, 1969
- Wettest May was 10.53'' in 1877
- Driest was a Trace in 1952
- Most rain in one day was 7.40'' on June 28th, 1879
|Odds favor average to below average temperatures for the southern plains into western Arkansas. Part of this may be the result of high moisture content in the ground from heavy spring rains.|