Saturday, December 04, 2010

Video Blog Discussion Saturday Dec. 4, 2010

13 comments:

raishaw said...

So much for my birthday snow! Looks like my chances on the 6th have dwindled to nada. Still looking forward to tracking PB's chances down the road. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the one predictable thing about AR weather is that it is unpredictable. Anything can happen. :-D

Anonymous said...

U said it todd or herbe whatever u prefer what a football game to watch in the snow today. Guess we all could have taken a snow trip to cincinatti ohio. My point guys is guys little rock has a 10 percent chance of snow tues nite. Another words thats a 90 percent chance u wont even see one flake. Guys lets face it its ging to be a long boring winter. Right now meaning december is our chance for this year to get snow. In jan the temps will start to moderate and feb to. By then severe will start an our warm winter will be over. Oh well im sure i will get some negative feedback but i think its funny. Ninja i want 3 tickets to the golden corrale and 3 tickets to that new japenese steakhouse on mccain. Oh yeh todd im.going to take your advice and live a little. Im.going bungy jumping lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi i love the weather and i love snow the best. I get excited when snow is in the forecast. its one of my favorite things to do is follow ice an snow.TOdd u are a great meterologist i think u deserve a raise for all u do ninja u are a great weatherman and u are a very good forecaster. snowbirdbob i enjoy your tweets on twitter very very much. you have great skills i was asking if u bob an ninja an todd could please add me to your twitter list snownob i look forward to your updates every morning on twitter an always look for them an i would like to ask u questions about the upcoming systems. i live in west little rock by the way. my twitter name is TWEATHERGUY thank everyone very much.

Kaleb Turner said...

Dear Fellow WX Bloggers and WX Geeks,

All of you (including myself) have taken great notice that the weather has has started to take a cool down. As a result, the WX blog is smoking hot. I just hope that it doesn't melt the snow (if we get any)!

Most of you, especially the weather geeks (as Todd points out in the WX blog promo.) have been checking the models, forecasts, etc. Most are hoping for snow, but know in reality that the chances are slim this year. It hurts me to admit it, but I really don't think we will get much snow this year. Sorry!

But.... I feel like if we do get some form of wintery precipitation, it will be in the form of ice and/or freezing rain. Now I know some people absolutely hate that, but I have a feeling that is what it will be. Now on the other hand, some people don't care what form or fashion it comes in, all they want is some wintery precip.

The WX blog is an awesome place for people to interact and talk about weather. But some people get a little heated in their discussions(HUGH and HUGH dislikers). But overall, the blog is a really neat place for WX interaction and discussion. It was made a huge impact on the way people view meteorologists, the weather, and how the weather is handled on live TV. People have been able to make weather friends and discover things about weather they never knew. Also, it has been extremely cool (at least I think so) that we have been able to interact with Mr. Todd Yakoubian. He has really helped with how we understand weather. It has also been neat that we have been able to share more with him about what our weather around the state (and in some cases, out of state). My cousin thought it was awesome the other night in AWL (Arkansas Weather Live) when Todd mentioned my name. Haha. The blog is an amazing place for weather geeks!!!

Another piece of information, social media and weather have made a huge explosion over the past year. Social networking (Facebook and/or Twitter) have made a huge impact on weather. For example, it has created yet another way to warn people about severe weather. And especially if you are traveling, you can check your handy dandy smart phone (Todd...) and see what warnings are being posted. **WARNING** Social networking is not the best source for your watches and warnings. Because I know that when Todd is dealing with severe weather, the last thing he is thinking about is tweeting on Twitter about the weather. Anyway, social networking and weather have meshed so well over the past year.

I will continue to post and keep informing everyone on my thoughts. Hope everyone enjoys the WX blog just as much as I do!!

Thanks, Kaleb Turner

jimmylee42 said...

Todd-

Liked the model discussion. Some of this is starting to sink in on how to read them. I need to do so much more study though.

For some reason, and it could be my lack of tech ability, we couldn't scroll down to see all of the 60 comments on the last post. I could get down to where Hugh stated that there was an imposter. If there were comments below that and place to post a comment I could't get to it.

Jason H said...

Looking like after a little warm up late in the week then we will get more cold air next weekend into next week. Arkansas's first measureble Winter Precip is coming, not this week, but sometime next week "13-19". Mark it down boys.Btw the blog is awesome.

WeatherNinja said...

Hugh,

You can't change the bet midsteam. I said..6 tickets to Golden Corral or 2 dinners from another place. Not 3 and 3. Verify what you want or no bet.

Anonymous said...

ok ninja i take the 6 tickets to the golden corral its hugh and the winner is out oh by the way ninja dont be late mailing my ticktets cuz im going to be hungry lol

SNOWBIRD BOB said...

Hello Everyone, Just a few thoughts on the next 7-10 days, One thing is for sure "COLD" with only slight warm-ups. This cold period now maybe a teaser to whats coming next weekend. As far as this first system coming early this week,I beleive someone will see some light snow from I-40 South in Arkansas, The closer you live to the Ark-La border the better your chances will be. I also beleive someone could see a dusting to half an inch of snow in extreme Southern Ark & Northern La.Thats about it as far as this system. The next possible system is about 6-8 days out, I do beleive that will be a big storm for someone, It all depends on the track of the low, Right now most of the models are putting down snow from Missouri thru Tenn, But if it can dig further south Ark could be in business, Still a long way out & I know alot will change, but just something we all can follow over the next few days..Oh & Hugh if the bet ended this week, That would be the only way you would eat free lol.. But it dont so when your sweeping off your windshield of your car,you remember me & Ninja's free meals.. See ya fow now..

kitkat said...

The Golden Corral is a great place to eat! I would love to see some snow since we don't seem to get much in Pine Bluff.Monticello and Little Rock can have 12 inches and we still get Zip. Whats up with that? Whats up with the Golden Corral ticket too? Let eat and let it snow!

Anonymous said...

Snowbird Bob...I live about 1/3 mile from the AR/LA border. You actually could see us getting some snow?

SNOWBIRD BOB said...

To the person living 1/3 mile from the LA/ARK border, yes, I would say your in the best area for some light snow flying Tuesday night, maybe not much but its still a few days out, But, a dusting looks quite possible, Maybe a little more?? Hope for more!! See ya..

Jason H said...

Our first good snow is coming this Saturday night-Sunday 11th-12th. Lets hear about it boys !!!